A special thanks to Angie Dokos for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. I’m so honored and excited to participate!
So, the rules of receiving the award!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Why I started blogging:
I started blogging about 3 years ago in an attempt to connect with other writers. I struggled at first to find content to talk about. I’ve always been painfully shy, so the idea of spouting off ideas to strangers was daunting. But after 6 or 8 months, I started to find my groove. I was reading a lot more online about writing, wrote more in my down-time, and finally found my blogging voice. Today, I mostly blog about my writing experiences and exploits, and my adventures as a mother of 2 crazy kids. I’ve met some great bloggers and writers over the past few years, and have learned much from them. So all-in-all, I’d say this whole blogging-thing has been a success.
Advice to new bloggers:
1. If you have a long blog post, break it up with memes or gifs or photos. Images add humor or intrigue, and break up the paragraphs so the content feels quicker to read.
2. Respond to people who comment on your post, even if it’s only to say thank you. So few readers take the time to actually type something out, so be courteous. And if you really want to push yourself, respond with something that’ll provoke further conversation.